Monday, October 5, 2009

Flower Market and food shops outside base

Here are the chilies that they love so much. I missed the chance to take a picture of them drying them when we first arrived. I did post a picture of the chilies drying at the Korean Folk village. The reality is that they are city dwellers, so when we first arrived I had to get used to seeing masses of chilies drying on the sidewalks of all the streets. I'm sure that the gas fumes from the cars driving by, gave them a special flavor and helped them dry quicker.
This is an alley outside of base where you can purchase all kinds of local Korean foods. So, far it's just a place to look, I'm not sure about the quality of some food preparation yet.

Here I am with all the flowers.


Neighbor Mary inside the flower market. Mary is a great adventurer. She has already really seen a lot of Korea. I'm going to have to work to keep up with her and you all know how good I am at getting to know my area.



This is a favorite place to go. Inside is every kind of flower and plant that you could ever want. There are also pots, silk flowers and ribbons. It happens to be right down the street from the local Costco. Yes I said it, there is Costco in Korea. I have not been, but hear it has many of the things you find in the states. I plan to join after we get our car. I really want to see the isle of Spam. Koreans have a love of Spam that has no match. I hear that the Spam isle has every flavor you could ever want in your life. I'll have to do some research to find the origin of the Spam love.



1 comment: