Monday, September 28, 2009

Arrival in Korea


Flight was smooth and we landed on time. After having my temperature taken in case of Swine Flu, I was on my way out to meet Mike. It's so good to finally be here. The ride from the airport through Seoul was exciting. I kept thinking that Stew would love to see me now. The traffic in Seoul can only be explained by the word chaos. The city itself is an amazing mass of humanity. High-rise buildings as far as the eye can see. I think Mike quoted me something like 11 million people. Imagine them all trying to get around on the highway. Our driver was very experienced and after some slow going we were speeding out of town to Osan AFB. We arrived at the base around 9:30 pm. I was worn out so no big observations on that night. The next day we started to walk and have walking ever since. I haven't seen much more than the mile it takes to walk to the BX and Starbucks, but what I see is nice. The house is going to be great. Mike spoiled me by doing most of the unpacking before I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment